Wednesday, January 13, 2010

5 months old



It is hard to believe that Grady is already 5 months old.  How is he growing so quickly?  He is extremely curious of everything around him.  He is also at the stage where he stops eating to look around anytime he hears something.  He LOVES it when Addie talks to him or laughs...it makes him laugh too.  He loves to lay on the playroom floor and watch her play.  She "feeds" him food from her tea parties and he opens up and seems to enjoy eating air.  He is so happy and such a great baby.  He has given us a little bit of trouble at night but I was reading that it may be a sign that he is ready for cereal.  I did not plan on starting until he was 6 months old but the 4 am wake up calls every night changed that plan!  He ate it for the first time last night and did pretty well.  I tried again today and he ate a lot more and seemed to like it.  He slept a lot better last night too, so hopefully that was the problem!!!  He is not the greatest napper...not nearly as good as Addie was.  He only naps for 30 to 45 minutes at a time (unless I am laying with him...then he sleeps for 2 hours!!!)  He is happy during the day, so I guess he is getting what he needs!  He loves to be rocked and usually falls asleep that way.  He has been sucking on two fingers...like his sister.  He gets the hiccups every time he laughs.  He still refuses a bottle and we are still dairy free.  I eat a little bit every once in a while to see if anything happens...I never notice a difference so I am hoping at his 6 month appointment, Dr. Benbow will let me eat a little more!!!  I would love a bowl of queso right now!!!  He was been "standing" in his exersaucer the past few days and really likes it.  He is getting pretty good at grabbing the toys and turning around. 

Addie and Grady sucking their fingers at 4 months old.






   










       




An Addie note...She told Bryan the other night that she needed me to come into her room.  He told her I was putting Grady to bed but that I would come when I finished.  She told him, "I need to tell mommy that I have a molar coming in and that I need some tylenol!"  She is a funny girl!  I wanted to tell her that she already has all of her molars but I didn't want to burst her bubble!!!  She has also renamed Chance's kitten.  He named her Roofie and Addie has decided that her name is Puddles.  She calls her Puddles and thinks we are crazy for calling her Roofie! She is still doing great at school and comes home singing new songs and with lots of stories every week!  She is such a sweet girl, a wonderful big sister and we could not be prouder of her!!!!

No comments: