Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grady Man


Grady is now 17 months old and has changed so much in the last month.  He is 150% pure boy.  He loves trucks, trains and tractors.  Anytime he hears a train, he yells choo choo and now knows where to look for them when we go over the overpass.  He runs everywhere now...which leads to many falls every day.  He is either chasing Addie or trying to get into her stuff before she does.  He has a little temper and when he does not get his way, he will hit me, the floor, throw something...or himself on the ground.  Bryan, Addie and I try not to laugh at him but it is hard.  He just looks so cute doing it!  He still gags himself regularly...usually when we are in the car.  The other day, it made him throw up on himself and he proceeded to sample it and then said, "oooohhh uck."  He also sucks his big toe?????  I guess I tell him yuck a lot when I change his dirty diapers because now he tells me yuck when I lay him down to change them.  He also tells me when he poops....hopefully this is a sign that he will not be difficult to potty train :).  Grady is talking so much these days.  He repeats everything we say..especially Addie.  My favorite thing he says is, "ooooohhh cacker," which he says when he tastes something he likes or gets excited about eating something.  It sounds so cute!  He also says "mama mama mama" when he wants something or wants anyone to do something for him...not sure why he chose my name!  He always says "thank you" on his own but I have not gotten a please out of him yet.  Some of his other recent words are...pup pup, book, apple, diaper, elmo, no no no, go chee is for the peekaboo barn game on the iphone, shoes, socks, bath, cheese (sheese), water (wa wa), eyes, ice, coke, juice, cracker, Jax (his friend), choo choo, nigh nigh, fish, Ba ba (our fish), hat.  I love his little voice and love hearing him try new words every day. 

He loves books and will often go and get a book and then want up on the couch where we usually read.  He will "read" the book.  It is sooooo cute.  I have tried to get it on video several times but as soon as he hears the beep of the camera, he stops. 

Speaking of pictures, he never sits still long enough for me to take one. However, if I tell Addie I am going to take her picture, he stops what he is doing and runs over to get in her picture. He will stand there until I stop...such a goof.


He and our cat Mal have a love/hate relationship.  Grady loves Mal...Mal does not love Grady.  Grady is a little rough and may or may not beat him.  However, Mal swats at Grady if he so much as looks at him.  He has scratches all over his hands and arms from being swatted.  It does not deter him, he goes back for more every day.

He loves to hug you tightly and say pat pat pat as he pats your back.  He loves to get a baby of Addie's and feed it a bottle, rock it and kiss it.  It is so sweet to watch.  I am glad he is not telling it no no...He takes his shoes off 200 times a day and says uh oh shoes until I put them back on and we start the process again!  He loves brushing his teeth and playing in the water.  He can also get up onto Addie's bed by himself.  He thinks it is hilarious and he loves to get me all worked up.  I just know he is going to crawl off the edge one day...again.  A couple of days ago he ran into the playroom saying "ma ma uh oh uh oh"...he grabbed my hand and took me into Addie's room where he showed me the lamp that he pulled down off of the table.  Neither Bryan nor I even heard it fall.  He will put his entire head under water in the bath and blow bubbles, get water up his nose, choke and gag, and go at it again.  Addie just stares at him in disbelief...

Grady...you are the most adorable little guy we have ever seen.  We love you so much and are so blessed and thrilled to be your mommy and daddy!

Grady during a toe sucking session


No comments: