Sunday, June 7, 2009

Addie update

Addie loves chasing me and Bryan around and especially loves for us to chase her. She will run up behind one of us and hit us from behind and say "get you mommy or get you daddy. She also loves to hide (she may even think she is hiding when she faces the opposite way in a chair)

She has been able to count to 14 in English for a while but thanks to Dora, she can now count to 11 in spanish. I wish I could get it on video but she does not perform for cameras. She also tells the ladies at the gym "adios" and "hasta manana" when we leave every day. **Update...I did get her counting to 7 on video..see below.

Out of the blue the other day, Addie told me, "Mommy my best friend." It was so cute. She says something new every day...sometimes good...sometimes something that make us cringe a little bit!


She has also turned into the seat belt police. She watches every person get into the car and makes sure they put their seat belt on. If not, she lets them know...."Daddy seat belt" over and over until they put it on. (Reminds me of a certain little brother of mine)

If you ask Addie where she lives she will tell you, "Del Rio, Texas." She also knows that G-ma, Grandpa, Poppy, Mimi , Mavis, Aiden, Kiki and Kyle live in Dallas.
Addie knows mine and Bryan's first names and uses them often. She also heard me say Donna the other day and has since been calling her Donna and knows that Buck's name is John. We think it is hilarious now...it may not be so cute when she is 10.

She is still very sweet with her babies and now before they go to sleep, she says their prayers with them. She packs a bag for her babies and puts them in her grocery cart to take them to school. School is in our backyard.

Addie has perfected her fake cry when she "hurts" herself or does not get what she wants. Unfortunately, her daddy buys it 9 times out of 10.

Yesterday, she and Bryan were playing in her room. I went in to see what was going on and her oversized Barney was wearing a pullup and her nightgown. I was told that Barney was taking a nap in Addie's bed.

We have had a fun and busy weekend. Friday afternoon, we went to the lake with John and Donna. Addie loved swimming in the lake and riding on the boat. We just got her some floaties and she thinks she can really swim. She is pretty good at floating on her stomach and kicking her feet to get where she wants to go. We stopped and ate dinner on the way home. After dinner Addie said, "Thanks for the dinner Buck." It is really nice and cute to see that she has some manners at 2 years of age!

Yesterday, she woke up from her nap asking for chocolate ice cream. Bryan and I never need an excuse to eat ice cream so we took her to Dairy Queen for her first chocolate dipped cone. She loved it...although it took her FOREVER to finish the cone. She had to lick it just like Dora does (according to Bryan...they watched an ice cream episode of Dora earlier in the day.)

This morning she started the Little Bug class at church. She has been in the nursery and now that she is 2, she moved to an actual class. She cried...as usual...but was happily playing when we picked her up. Her teacher said she only cried for a minute after we left. She drew a picture of something that God created...purple scribbles...and was thrilled to get a sticker when we left.

I am currently in my 30th week....starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I started cleaning out the spare bedroom this weekend and am hoping to get Addie out of her crib at the end of this month. This baby is a mover and is a big fan of flips...it still amazes me everytime I feel it moving around. This baby's heartbeat has been the exact rate Addie's was and I have gained the exact amount of weight as I did with Addie at this point. Some say that must mean it is another girl...although I now think I am carrying this one a little differently...only time will tell. Addie talks more and more about the baby and is always lifting up my shirt to see if the baby is sleeping.

We are off to swim at the Country Club!

No comments: