Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend in San Antonio

We came to San Antonio this weekend with John, Donna, (Buck and Nanna) Alyssa and Ernesto. On Saturday, Buck, Ernesto and Bryan took Addie to Bass Pro Shop to look at the fish and the boats. We met them for lunch after their "trip" and they all looked a little beaten down...not to mention that Addie had a large plastic decoy duck???? I think she had a great time and she told her daddy that mommy lets her ride in the big part of the shopping basket instead of being buckled in....not necessarily the truth! Saturday afternoon, we went to Costco with Donna and while Bryan and I were looking at video cameras, Addie was throwing things into Donna's basket as fast as she could. We walked up and she was saying, "I want that...I want that." She did get a few Dora movies and a couple of books but we drew the line at the lambswool rug! We tried to explain to her that she can not always have everything she wants and some things she has to wait for....Addie didn't agree...but she did survive! On Sunday, we went to Sea World!!! We had a great time. We got there a little after 10 and left around 6. It was definitely a long day but Addie was thrilled to be there! We fed the dolphins and sea lions, saw alligators, turtles, penguins, sharks and puffins (muffins according to Addie). After lunch Bryan and I took her to the water park for the afternoon and she had a blast. We floated the lazy river, spent tons of time in the wave pool, and played in 2 squirt park areas. We were all exhausted by the time we left but I think everyone had a great time. It's hard to believe that next summer we will be pusing a double stroller around Sea World!!!

This morning Addie and I went to North Star Mall to pick something up and Addie was in awe of the mall! It is a little different than our mall in Del Rio! She kept calling it a fancy mall and was very excited to see the Great American Cookie Company...like mother like daughter! When we left she asked me, "Mommy fancy mall again soon?" Sorry Daddy but it looks like I have a shopping partner in crime!!!!

I have an appointment with Dr. Cox this afternoon and then Addie and I are off to Dallas tomorrow morning to stay with Mavis and Aiden for the rest of the week. Addie is very excited to fly in an airplane and even more excited about wearing her own seat belt. I made the mistake of mentioning it on Friday and she has not stopped asking me about flying since then...we have learned that with Addie you have to wait until the minute before you do anything fun to tell her or you will not hear the end of it. This is the last visit we will have before the four of us (Mavis, Aiden, Addie and me) become the six of us!

Addie and I feeding the dolphins!


Here are a few pictures from our day






2 comments:

Coco said...

What a fun trip to Sea World! Feeding the dolphins looks like such fun! I hope you have a good trip to Dallas!
Corrie

Libbie Hill said...

Your Costco story made me laugh :)

I would love to hear more about your Sea World trip. We're thinking about taking Carter when we go visit my dad. Can't do it without babysitters to watch the little one!

Keep me posted on Baby Weston!